Western Michigan University was first officially known as Western State Normal School. The first building, then known as the Administration Building, and now known as East Hall, was constructed in 1904.[
East Hall was listed with the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, and the East Campus was placed on the register in 1990 as the Western State Normal School Historic District.
Unfortunately, East Campus has fallen into disrepair, now crumbling and segregated from the main campus
Ornate architectural elements ordane the West Hall on Western Michigan University's West Hall building.
North Hall on Western Michigan University's Historic East and the fantastically disturbing fact that WMU’s first president Dwight B. Waldo’s ashes are encased in the building walls.
The capital on the brick colunms on East Hall
Budding trees are reflected in this archway of glass in the East Hall at Western Michigan University.